Let it be known that I inhabited the Jersey Shore long before Snookie. After an education at Full Sail in Florida, my career began in NYC where I gained exposure to many different software packages, and projects on which to learn them. This lead to the development of a skill set in motion graphics and visual effects, which has grown into a career over the last decade.
Over the course of 5 years in New York I did VFX for independent films, motion graphics for broadcast TV:
• VH1 – “Driven”
• Comedy Central – Friday Night with Greg Giraldo”
• TV Land’s “Top 10″
• A&E “Biography”
and DVD motion menu design:
• MTV – “The Hills”, “Jamie Kennedy’s Blowin’ Up”, “Wild N’ Out”
• BET – “Idlewild”, Beyonce “BDay”
• BBC – “Mr. Bean”
Having been in Los Angeles for years now, I continue an established career in motion graphics and now produce content in compliment with my wife Stacy Pietrafitta. With a wealth of experience and our own ideas about how to get things done, we formed Pietari Creative, a company dedicated to producing a wide variety of content for multiple industries.
I have an all-consuming passion for post production; with vast technical experience & knowledge of tapeless/tape based workflows (RED, CANON, XDCAM, P2, Varicam, Genesis ), Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite and AVID Technologies.
With a 5 year stint in New York City, I worked heavily in reality based television:
• A&E’s “Inked”
• Discovery Channel’s “Cash Cab”
• Vh1′s “I Love The Holidays”, “I Love The 80′s”
and various television specials:
• History Channel’s “Egypt: Engineering an Empire”
• Biography’s “Country Music Awards”
• IFC’s Canne’s Film Festival … just to name a few.
After too much reality [TV], in 2007, I moved to Los Angeles to focus more on the narrative side of filmmaking*, tapeless workflows, post production & [my company] Pietari Creative’s evolution.
• RANDOM ENCOUNTERS /shot on the PANAVISION GENESIS camera, feature film – Assistant Editor
• CLOSURE /shot on the RED camera, feature film – Associate Editor
• FEED THE FISH /shot on the RED camera, feature film – Associate Editor
• ELEKTRA LUXX /shot on XDCAM, feature film – Assistant Editor
Providing services of Editorial, Motion Graphics & Visual FX -
Pietari Creative is currently producing innovative & original content for:
• ProctorCam.com based in Boston MA
• DITstation.com based in London UK
• HOPSports based in Valencia CA
• NGAME.tv based in Los Angeles CA
For more info about Jason, Stacy and the pool of talent that makes up Pietari Creative, please visit: www.pietaricreative.com
WorkFlows: [tapeless & tape-based]
REDCAM, XDCAM, P2, Varicam, Genesis, etc
Final Cut Studio